Closing date: November 29, 2008
COME & JOIN OUR TEAM
PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East
Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world.
Coal Production target for 2008 is 46 mtpa and plan are underway for
further expansion in 2009 and beyond to bring optimum economic return
to the company and its stakeholder.
Vacancies exist for the position of:
Key elements of the position include:
• Collect, analyze and model regional geotechnical information in
order to meet the requirements of the LOM Plan, the 1 to 5 Year Mine
Plan, the Annual Reserve Statement, Indonesian Government Statutory
regulations and KPC Corporate requirements;
• Provide timely and reliable geotechnical advice to mine and civil
planners in order to optimise pits and dumps for the maximum, safe
extraction of the coal resources;
• Collect, analyze and model data on the Acid Mine Drainage (AMD)
potential of the overburden in order to allow for proactive planning,
scheduling and selective placement of the Over Burden in the waste
dumps according to the KPC Rehabilitation Specifications;
• Tertiary qualifications in engineering or geology are essential with
minimum 8 years extensive experience and proven skills in large open
cut mining operations;
• Good People management and Leadership skills;
• Well developed written and oral communication skills to deal with a
wide range of personalities;
• Appropriate financial knowledge to manage a large operating budget;
• Sound decision making skills to address a variety of management issues;
• Excellent computer skill such as MS Windows, Excel, Words etc.;
SPECIALIST PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Key elements of the position Includes:
• Analyze training and development needs and priorities
• Deliver professional development programs for KPC employees to raise
competence and performance levels.
• Demonstrate and encourage implementation of KPC business
improvement, HSE, vision and mission in training activities.
• Monitor progress of course participants during training sessions and
provide appropriate feedback to ensure learning outcomes are being met.
• Asses course participants to ensure learning outcomes have been met.
• Provide feedback on course content to the Superintendent to
facilitate improvement of training programs.
• Resource and/or develop leadership and management training materials.
• Liaise with customers as required to provide information on training
programs and to gain feedback related to training activities.
• Support implementation of KPC employee development system.
• Minimum S1 degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Education or other
• Minimum 5 (five) years relevant professional experience.
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills to conduct leadership
and management training program.
• Knowledge of principles and current approaches to staff development
and adult education technique.
• Fluent communication skill in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Excellent relationship management, time management, analytical
thinking and problem solving skills.
• Sound computer skills In MS Office and other popular applications.
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume
(including details of present position & remuneration, your latest
color photograph) no later than 14 days after the date of this
advertisement to the following address:
Superintendent – Recruitment
PT Kaltim Prima Coal, PO BOX 620 Balikpapan 76106, Kalimantan Timur
or e-mail to: email@example.com
THIS IS A CHALLENGING CAREER PROSPECT AND A VERY COMPETITIVE
REMUNERATION AND BENEFIT PACKAGE WILL BE OFFERED TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATE